Friday 15 May 2009

the world has gone mad

Ok where to begin with this one lol

I grew up in a generation of people that for the most part are reasonably thoughtful and mild mannered - even after surviving and growing up in Thatchers years, I remember my youth with not exactly fond memories but they were memories, Every single one of friends including myself were taught to say thank you and please, as and when required, we held the doors open for our piers, we kept our elbows off the table at meal times, and we All did After school clubs - in my case it was my way of freedom away from my parents .

we were all taught about diversity and its impact, and we were breed with the knowledge that one day we may be called upon to help someone in danger or in need - no matter how small- I have tried to tailor my whole life to this ideology however I have done things in the line of service that I am not proud off and never will be - but they were acts that are keeping us free and the price of freedom is very high but a worthy price to be honest.

I stand back today and I ask "what was all the heart break and hardship we endured for this world all about really?"
as I think about the way I have been treated in my home nation and the way the children of tomorrow are growing up - a simple thing like manners have all but been lost, even though it cost nothing to say thank-you and please once in awhile. Most people seem intent on just making a fast buck and not thinking about the consequences of their actions
for example a certain mechanics garage in basingstoke got their head up their arse because a friend and I were not going to pay for an exhaust that I could fit myself - being a trained mechanic - so they failed the car on the exhaust - no surprise- but on the way back the Jumped up technician throw a bolt my way and said "some random bolt fell out of the engine"
any way as we driving home we developed a loud knocking noise on the busiest round about in basingstoke so then we lost drive and all the gears so I got out at peak time and pushed this Saxo VTR 800 metres in traffic to a safe place popped the bonnet and found out that they had un done one of the gear box bolts and took of a gear linkage rod !!! Just to prove a point in the event we would have broken down out side of their depot .... It just shows that they did not no what would happen as a result of their actions ! It could have killed a few people. This man is going to be paid a visit very soon!

However my point is this how and when did we become so self absorbed we have forgoten our fellow man or women. I mean come on we work with them, we walk and talk with them every day so when a beggar is asking for money why can we not help his situation and throw him some of our change , I know we are all in the sdame boat at the moment but come on even when the world is going to pieces and nothing is going right for me I still find the time to give that guy my change - i.e yesterday my friend and I were walking back to the broken car and we were asked if we could spare some change - my friend said no however I asked how much did he want and I reached into my pocket and I gave him my change and told him not to worry about it - and I AM UNEMPLOYED MYSELF -

but according to the protestors that are camped out side parliment OUR government I am nothing more then scum because I was a soldier, but can you answer this - do you see any of them giving away their much needed change just to lighten the load on the fellow person - frankly the ansdwer is no. So that hurts and cuts deeply when I went past parliment in Novemember in my berett and I was spat at and shouted at by them and the police simply asked/ tolded me to move on before there was trouble .

I personally can not see anyway of rectifiying this problem unless we all start adopting the ideology of a good deed always gets returned in one way shap or form.

so next time you see a begger asking for money - think what can you do to help his or her sitaution - as I know you would want someone to do the same if it were you sat there.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Humanity doesn't have to be the way it is now. You and people like you are out there, making a difference, just by being kind and thoughtful. That's what makes you such a unique individual- you're human, but you're not like the rest of them. Keep on doing what you're doing, Gman, the world needs more men like you.

    ReplyDelete